After obtaining law degree, joined the bar in 1984, practised before the the High Court of Kerala till 1990 in the chambers of Mr.K.P.Dandapani (presently Advocate General, Kerala). Conducted cases in Civil, Criminal and Service matters before the High Court of Kerala and before the Subordinate Courts.
Joined Kerala Judicial Service in the cadre of Munsiff. Worked as Munsiff at Thalassery, Kannur, Kochi, Irinjalakuda and as Judicial First Class Magistrate, Vaikom. Promoted in the year 2000 as Sub Judge/ Chief Judicial Magistrate. Worked as Assistant Session's Judge at Kollam and Cherthala. Posted as Chief Judicial Magistrate and Presiding Officer of Juvenile Justice Board, Trivandrum in 2004.
Promoted as District and Sessions Judge in the Kerala Higher Judicial Service in 2004 and appointed as Sessions Judge for trying cases under the Kerala Abkari Act, Motor Accidents Claims Tribunal, Pala Family Court Judge, Trivandrum and District and Sessions Manjeri.
Worked as Professor at National Judicial Academy, Bhopal on deputation. Worked as Additional Director, Kerala Judicial Academy from April, 2012 to March 5th 2015.
Appointed as Law Secretary, Govt .of Kerala vide G.O(Ms) No.77/2015/GAD dated 6/3/15.
1) Some thoughts on the Kerala Abkari Act. (In the Kerala Law Times)
2) Case of the hostile witness, on witness protection (In the Kerala Law Times)
3) Confessions to police, a fresh look (A critical examination of the law commission recommendations on section 27 of the Indian evidence act. In the Kerala Law Times)
4) Art of writing judgements, on judgement writing (in the Judicial Vision, a Kerala Judicial Academy Journal)
5) Presented a paper on Human rights of victims in criminal cases (At the centre for legal studies Gandhi University Kottayam)
Has also authored a book on the Kerala Abkari Act called Treatise on the Kerala Abkari Act (Approved by the High Court of Kerala) -3rd edition published in 2012.